How Do I Merge Patient Records?
Modified on: Mon, 16 Dec, 2019 at 11:20 AM
To perform a Merge, follow the steps below.
- Click Menu – Setup and choose System – System Maintenance.
- Choose Patient Merge from the top of your screen.
- The screen below will appear. Press the “Find” button circled and all Possible Duplicated Patients are show.
- The search will return patients who have 4 out of 5 “hits” from the fields below. A common support call arises where patients do not appear in this list as expected. In this instance, return to the records and make sure they are indeed identical - most commonly there are address and/or postcode errors.
- First Name
- Date of Birth
- Patients to merge can be dragged down from the Possible Duplicated Patients box to the Due to be Merged box.
- Press Merge and a warning will appear. Choose Delete or Do Not Delete. Generally, we recommend Keeping the record with the most recent Last Test Date (although naturally not all records will have a test date).
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.